Monday, May 20, 2013

What Glory













We had our first meeting of The Forge tonight, Ecclesia's new meeting of men. I was humbled and honored to be able to share what God has been doing in my life and to speak of the absolute astounding glory of Jesus Christ - the true man.

I am overwhelmed with the love and compassion of God. It is totally absurd and astounding that God chooses to give himself to us as he does. I have so many times in my life forgotten and taken my eyes off our King. This King of ours, the creator of all things, the author of reality, the author of life and joy has called us by name. He has sought us out. He has sought us out that we might have true life in Him, to know his peace, to receive his peace freely. 

I am so excited about what God is doing. God is always moving, always changing us, always pursuing us. What glory we partake of! May we be in awe of the majesty of our God. 

Our God has asked us what we seek and he has answered. He has asked us where we have gone, and come to us. He has pursued us. And he comes to us with life. He comes to us with abundance. He comes to us with all that is good. He comes to us with himself.

May we never lose sight of what life is. Life is knowing God and his son Jesus Christ. We find ourselves in him and he desires to be with us. The God of the universe calls you by name and desires to make his home in you. What glory! 

I am so encouraged by the heart of the men at Ecclesia to know their God, to discipline themselves in all things that they may glorify our God with their lives. I am more than excited to be a family with you men. I am more than excited to walk together as a band of brothers as we celebrate the wonderful God who has drawn us to himself. What Glory.

Written: February 14, 2011

No comments: